BY Irene McGuinness
2 cups (500 mL) fresh radishes, washed, scrubbed, and trimmed
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) buttermilk or plain yogourt
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh tarragon, minced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh watercress leaves, washed, dried, and separated (optional)
Thinly shave radishes into rounds using a mandoline or vegetable slicer. Place in medium-sized bowl.
Thinly slice cucumber, stack slices, and cut into julienne strips. Add to radishes.
In another small bowl combine buttermilk or yogourt, mayonnaise, green onion, parsley, and tarragon. Gently stir together to blend. Add to radish mixture and gently fold together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) scoop onto individual serving plates and garnish with a sprinkling of watercress leaves.
Each serving contains:
19 calories; 0 g protein; 0.8 g fat (0 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 1.6 g carbohydrates; 0 g fibre; 16 mg sodium
from The Nutrition Club http://thenutritionclub.blogspot.com/2015/09/zingy-radish-and-cucumber-slaw-with.html
via Blogger http://corneliussteinbeck.blogspot.com/2015/09/zingy-radish-and-cucumber-slaw-with.html
September 21, 2015 at 03:08PM