BY Matthew Kadey, MSc, RD
Move over, fish and steak. Crunchy pan-seared cauliflower may become your new favourite taco stuffing—especially when adorned with a sweet mango salsa and chipotle-laced sauce.
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) jerk seasoning or Creole/Cajun seasoning
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red onion
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) roughly chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 small chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded red cabbage
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly charred, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Add oil as needed during cooking if pan becomes too dry. Stir in jerk or Creole/Cajun seasoning and heat for 30 seconds.
To make salsa, toss together mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
To make sauce, place yogurt, avocado, lime zest, chipotle chili pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in blender or food processor container and blend until smooth.
Divide cauliflower among corn tortillas and top with shredded cabbage, mango salsa, and yogurt sauce.
Each serving contains:
349 calories; 9 g protein; 16 g total fat (2 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 61 g total carbohydrates (17 g sugars, 14 g fibre); 350 mg sodium
The post Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Salsa and Smoky Avocado Sauce appeared first on NUTRITIONCLUB.
from The Nutrition Club http://thenutritionclub.blogspot.com/2015/09/cauliflower-tacos-with-mango-salsa-and.html
via Blogger http://corneliussteinbeck.blogspot.com/2015/09/cauliflower-tacos-with-mango-salsa-and.html
September 25, 2015 at 11:57AM