By SARAH J. GIM
I made this as a dip first, to accompany Cobb Salad Summer Rolls, then went backwards to the dressing. The dip is just the dressing thinned out with some warm water. Even in the thinner dip form, it works great on a salad. It just needs a stronger shake/whisk to combine.
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- ¼ to ½ cup warm water
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until finely minced.
- With the food processor on low to medium-low speed, add white wine vinegar, lemon juice and sugar. Add chives. In a slow stream, add the olive oil.
- Add the blue cheese and let run until smooth (unless you want a chunky texture).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To use Blue Cheese Vinaigrette as a dip, which is warm water until you get the desired, thinner dipping sauce consistency. Garnish with finely minced chives.
Image Credit Blue Cheese Vinaigrette/Dip
from The Nutrition Club http://thenutritionclub.blogspot.com/2015/09/blue-cheese-vinaigrettedip.html
via Blogger http://corneliussteinbeck.blogspot.com/2015/09/blue-cheese-vinaigrettedip.html
September 30, 2015 at 12:11PM